Sunday, January 07, 2018

Week in Review 1.7.18



Untitled

The first week of January was awesome with some crap mixed in. I started The Artist Way and have a great Facebook support group going. I started reading the Bible which is one of my goals for the year and even crossed off one item from my 18 goals. I almost crossed of a second but that is a story for later in this post. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 6 
workouts this week! I did one CorePower Yoga Sculpt, three barre3 classes and two boot camp classes. I got back into working out hard core this week. I was ready to leap back in after my almost two week break. I loved every class and every movement. I also got an Apple Watch for my birthday which helped fuel my excitement. I love data and encouragement which means the watch is perfect for me. I love it when it vibrates and shows a picture to say that I've closed one of the three active rings - Movement, Exercise and Standing. I was able to close all my rings everyday last week which made me happy. 



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Food


We leapt into the new year looking to reduce our food bill and food waste. I feel like we are on the right track this week. I grocery shopped with thought and am trying to only buy what we need and then consume what we have planned to eat. My chickens are complaining about the reduced scraps but my wallet is pleased. I also made risotto in my instant pot using Melissa Clark's Dinner in an Instant and it was so damn good! I can't wait to cook more from this cookbook. It's amazing! 



Untitled

The Girls


The girls had a rough re-entry into school and routine but it was so good to get back into it. We started back on Molly's sight words and reading after taking a break due to holidays and sickness. There were many rough times over the week but we ended with huge success. The girls started ski lessons this week and while the beginning was rough, by the end, they were loving it. Maggie left her lessons early but I think she was tired and hungry. Next week I'll be packing her full of food and making sure she has warmer clothing. I also think the ski boots aren't the best for her but really ski boots kinda suck. The girls are also skiing with their cousin so after lessons we headed back out to the mountain for them to practice together. My brother used to be a ski instructor so he was able to help the kiddos out and encourage them to practice their skills. 



Untitled

Untitled

Other Goings On

I crossed off one item from my 2018 goals though which made me happy. We've had an empty frame in the bedroom for quite awhile and I selected a photo, printed it out and put it up on the wall! It was actually quite simple but there were a steps which felt cumbersome such as ordering photo paper and heading downstairs to print the photo. None of it took very long but it all added up. 

In other news, my new dishwasher was delivered by not installed. GAH! My old dishwasher caused some water damage to our cabinets and while we plan to upgrade the kitchen, that is a few years out. I did however need a new dishwasher (and it is a goal of 2018 to get one). The guys couldn't get it in the slot and said we need like 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch more room. My brother is going to bring over his belt sander and see if we can make some room. EEP! I'm crossing my fingers that this all works out without further issue and then we can replace the cabinets in a few years. 


Image: Snoqualmie Summit Facebook Page

Stories Published

Seattle Refined: The Best Places for a Snow Adventure near Seattle 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat