Saturday, February 10, 2018

Week in Review 2.10.18

Untitled

This week was Sydney, Sydney, Sydney! We had an awesome time on vacation and the kids have decided to move here. This is such a great city and my favorite part is riding the passenger ferries. They thrill me to no end. We also hit up Taronga Zoo which was awesome. You take the ferry to it and then climb aboard a gondola for a ride to the top. Then you work your way down, exploring animals as you amble back to the ferry. 

Untitled

Exercise

Exercise was much less about workout sessions and more about all day walking explorations. I walked over 16,000 steps most days. Our quiet day was 14,000 steps. I got in 4 days of over 18,000 steps so I'm counting those 4 toward my workout goal for the year. When we first arrived in Sydney, I was impressed at how fit everyone looked and now that I've walked everywhere while using the ferries to get around, I understand why they are so fit. They also appear to go to workout classes all the time. This is so my city! 



Untitled

Food


Food in Australia is expensive but it is some of the most delicious food I've ever had. The hotel breakfast buffet has been my morning happy place with fried eggs that have the most yellow of yolks, amazing chicken sausage, fresh fruit, sautéed mushrooms which Maggie consumed by the bowlful and fresh crumpets. It was seriously delicious and my breakfasts at home are not going to be able to compare. 


Untitled

I've had a few mushroom burgers that blew my mind. Betty's Burgers had a fried mushroom burger with melted gouda and gruyere cheese that was sinfully delicious! We also had Japanese burgers with seaweed wraps from Gojima that were just perfect. I had a chicken burger wrapped in fried rice and seaweed. They also had sushi burgers but Scott said the girls and I were about to OD on sushi so I went for something different. Our first burger was at Grill'd and while it was good, it wasn't the best one I had all week. Grill'd is a healthy burger place so the emphasis is on fresher foods which is good. They also have a ton of Gluten-Free options. Actually gluten-free friends would eat well in this city as everything is well labeled and the options are endless. 


Untitled


Untitled

The Girls

The girls have been AMAZING this week. Yes, we have had a few melt-downs and their listening ears have not always worked but overall, they walked miles and miles, greeted each adventure with a smile and charmed the people of Sydney. 


Untitled

Poor Molly was stung by a Blue Blubber Jellyfish while out at Manly Beach. She was pretty brave once she got over the initial sting. The lifeguard told us to wash it off with fresh water so I poured water all over her leg. Then we went for a walk to a saltwater pool where I encouraged her to swim. Speaking of swimming, the girls have been in swim heaven. They have swum almost every day at the hotel pool, spray park or in the ocean. 


Untitled

The girls have been up for adventures every day, all day long and I love that about them. They have plowed through when their feet have hurt and their skin was too hot. They encouraged me to feed them ice cream for lunch way too many times and it has been a lot of fun. 


Untitled

I have discovered that my kids are not shy but that Maggie could learn how to better approach people. Her current method of just yelling, "YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" isn't really working so well. We've used this week as a good exercise in learning how to introduce yourself to strangers while being kind. 


Untitled

Untitled

Other Goings On

This week has been a dream vacation for me. I've always wanted to go to Australia and now I'm here! I've been koalas at two zoos and even got to pet one! I sailed many a ferry through Sydney and could do that all day. I've eaten the most delicious food and had a great time. I really hope I'm able to come back and can visit Melbourne and Bisbane next time. This is a lovely country and there is so much more to see. 


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat