Saturday, February 17, 2018

Week in Review 2.17.18

Most of this week was spent doing laundry and getting back to normal. It didn't work out so great. The house is trashed, we all slept poorly and this morning the girls and I fly down to San Diego to visit my best friend. Looks like we'll worry about getting back to normal when we return. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got back in the groove this week with exercise which is good as we are jetting down to San Diego this week which will once again throw me off my routine. I got in 4 workouts last week! I did two boot camp classes and two barre3 classes. It felt good to lift weights and move in a different way this week. I originally planned to do 5 workouts but opt-ed to sleep in on Friday which I feel was the best choice. I needed my rest after a week of poor sleep which sadly wasn't due to jet lag but was instead due to children, pets and other commitments. 


Untitled

Food

It felt good to get back in the kitchen this week. On Monday, I made the Lentil Detox Soup from Pinch of Yum and it was really good. The only thing I'd do next time is really bump up the spices. 


Untitled

I also ordered one of my favorite Amazon Fresh Meal Kits - The Veggie Quinoa Bowl. I love it so much and it is pretty quick to make. It is a little high in the carbs for me so I'm thinking of how I can craft this same kind of bowl at home but with less carbs.

 Untitled

The Girls

The girls had some highs and lows this week. They settled back into school but had the worst time going to bed and waking up. Our mornings were rough! 

Untitled

They jumped back into their after school activities and started a new swim session. They also really played with so many of their toys. I think they may have missed them! 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I made excellent progress on my Nanoo shawl. I also stupidly ripped out a whole section that I thought I had messed up on BUT had not. BOO! Otherwise this week, I worked on some articles, avoided housework and drove my kids around the city. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat