Saturday, April 28, 2018

Week in Review 4.28.18

Untitled

I spent the first half of the week away in Vancouver on a press trip which was absolutely wonderful. I stayed in an amazing hotel, ordered room service for breakfast and had an absolute blast. When I returned, Scott got ready and left for Australia. We were like two ships passing in the night. While I miss Scott, I am so grateful that he was able to arrange his schedule to take care of the kids so I could go on this trip. 


Untitled

Exercise

I concentrated hard on getting my workouts in this week. I got in 7 workouts this week! I did one boot camp, one City Cycle class, two amazing walks in Vancouver and three barre3 classes. I am at 17 workouts for the month which means I am so close to my 18 workout goal for April. Sometimes I find my workout goals to be silly but this week I was so glad to have it as it made me focus on getting my workouts in and not slacking off when I really wanted to just say, ehhhhh. 



Untitled

Food

Food was out of this world this week and I worked really hard at not over indulging. It was really hard when faced with the most delicious cookies ever upon check-in at my hotel and then when presented with amazing bites at the reception we were taken to along with the amazing at Honey Salt. I did also take time to enjoy an Earl Grey donut from Cartems Donuts


Untitled

In between, I did munch on salads and drank lots of water. I'm trying to really concentrate on my water intake which is honestly quite hard for me. I tend to have a coffee in the morning and then wait until I'm parched in the afternoon to gulp down some water. Not really the best way to hydrate my busy lifestyle. So I'm working on it! 

Untitled

The Girls

The girls had quite the week and are slowly recovering this weekend. They were super anxious when I was gone and really missed me which was super sweet. I didn't realize how much they would miss me. Scott travels quite a bit and they usually just flow with it. They  might mention that they miss Daddy but they are usually ok with his trips. Not so with mine. This wasn't my first trip away from them at all but I realized it was my first trip away during the week which was different. On Tuesday, Molly's t-ball game timing got screwed up which didn't help matters so they ended up eating dinner quite late and not getting to bed on time. By the time I got home on Wednesday, they were a mess and I've been working to get them back on track. Scott told me that they were just so sad everyday that I was gone. 


Untitled

Saturday was a busy day with them going to b3 childcare and then out to Duvall to visit Molly's teacher's parent's farm in the pouring rain. It was a fun but exhausting day. We got to pet goats, chase chickens and do a maypole! 

Untitled


Other Goings On

The basement is cruising along. We are now at the insulation point of the game with sheetrock in view! I'm getting excited and a bit nervous about the finishing touches. Once the construction is done, that is when my work will pick-up. There will be painting, decorating and lots of other fun things to do! 


Untitled

We also had the upstairs toilet repaired this week. It was leaking which I'm so glad Jeremy, the construction worker caught since finding out after sheetrock and everything else was installed would have been terrible! 

Untitled

Stories Published


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat