Saturday, May 12, 2018

Week in Review 5.12.18

Untitled

This week was punctuated with a massive amount of yard work, construction and writing. I had a long list of deadlines and cranked through them while being super happy that Scott was back home. I'm getting hopeful that the two big piles of dirt in my yard will be leaving soon. 

Untitled

Exercise

I rocked my workouts this week! I did three boot camps and two barre3 classes. It was a bit rough going back to 6 a.m. workouts after sleeping in last week but I also liked getting them out of the way. I'm at 9 workouts for the month. 


Untitled

Food

I'm doing a story on a new doughnut shop so Maggie and I headed down to check them out on Friday morning. They are delicious and I wish I had gotten two dozen instead of one. 

I also did a story on a new service called MealPal. It is a subscription service where you buy a set number of lunches for $5.99 each at the beginning of the month. Then you are able to select a meal from over 150 restaurants for lunch each day. My only complaint is that they are only in the downtown/SLU neighborhoods so while I LOVE them, I won't be using them until they expand further north. I do understand start-ups and starting out with a limited location for best results. I've had some delicious salads and poke bowls this week which is aces. 

Untitled

Untitled

The Girls

The girls got new bikes this week and have been insane riding them. Their old bikes were way too small and rusted. I did have to take the bikes to a shop to get their brakes fixed up but otherwise the new bikes are working out really well. 

They also finished up this session of swim lessons and did awesome. Molly had some private lessons which she loved and I hope to do more of later. They are pricey so I don't see us doing them regularly. Both girls are really advancing in their swim abilities. 

Untitled


Other Goings On


Untitled

The basement is zooming along and I am experiencing decision fatigue. I thought we had made all the decisions but it appears there are more to be made and more springing up every day. The basement is looking amazing though and I'm getting excited about the space. 

Untitled

Stories Published

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat